- We will keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date with the information you provide to us. If you request access to your personal information, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information as permitted by laws and regulations and provide you with access to that information. We will always ask for your consent before using your personal information for any other purposes.
- Information from merchants
- What information do we collect from merchants and why?
- We collect your name, address, email address and mobile phone number.
- We need this information to provide you with our services. Chief among them: ensuring your identity, contacting you, and issuing invoices to you.
- We collect data from web pages hosted by OXO E-shops that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account, including information about your device, browser, network connection, and IP address
- We need this information to provide and improve our services.
- When you complete the registration process for the Services, you will be able to activate the Logistics and Payment Services in your account. If you do, we will collect your address or addresses, business type, business identification number, date of birth (if you are a sole business owner), bank account information and personal identification/official identification information.
- We need this information to establish logistics and payment services for you, including to monitor fraud and risk and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- We collect personal information about your customers that you share with us or that customers provide while shopping or during the checkout process.
- We use that information to provide you with our services, to facilitate order completion, and to better serve your customers.
- We will also use personal information in other cases if you give us your express permission.
- Address book: You can provide us with the phone numbers of your store users and other contacts in your mobile address book. You confirm that you are authorized to provide us with these numbers to allow us to provide our services.
- We use this information to provide you with our services, to facilitate order completion, and to better serve your customers.
- Camera and photo library: Provides us with access to your camera and photo library. You confirm that you are authorized to provide us with such images to allow us to provide our services.
- We use this information to provide you with our services so that you can add and manage products in your store.
- Location: You provide us with access to your location using your phone's location service and confirm that you are authorized to provide us with such locations to allow us to provide our services.
- We use this information to provide you with our services so that you can send and deliver orders to our partners.
- Use and Record Information: We collect information about services, diagnostics, and performance, including information about your activity such as how you use our services, how you interact with others using our services, how others interact with your services using our services, the like, log files, diagnostics, crashes, websites, performance logs, and reports.
- Device and Contact Information: We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware type, operating system information, browser information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile network information including phone number and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features.
- When do we collect this information?
- We collect personal information when you sign up and access our services or when you provide information to us.
- Information from merchant customers
- What information do we collect and why?
- We collect the name and email addresses of merchant customers – shipping and billing addresses, mobile phone number, IP address and device data.
- We need this information to provide merchants with our services including support, completion and facilitation of orders, payments, and documentation. We also use this information to improve our services.
When do we collect this information?
- We collect information when a merchant's customer uses or accesses our services or a merchant uses our services to serve their customers, for example - a customer visits a merchant's site, on demand, or when creating an account on a merchant's site.
- Information from visitors to the OXO E-shops website and support users
- What information do we collect and why?
- We collect information from visitors to OXO E-shops' website about the device, browser it uses, network connection and IP Address and we may also receive personal information when you submit requests, support tickets or other requests to OXO E-shops through any of our websites.
- We collect telephone numbers and call logs from telephone support users.
- We collect the name, email address, device and browser information, network connection, IP address, and chat text from our chat support users.
- We collect the name, email address, and store URL (URL) from users of the Store and App.
- We use this information to service your account, improve our services, and answer any questions you may have.
- When do we collect this information?
We collect this information when you visit web pages hosted by OXO E-shops, communicate with us either by email, web, instant message, or telephone, or post content on our websites (including forums and blogs). We also collect any additional information you may provide to us.
- Information from cookies and similar tracking technology
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small amount of data which may include a unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. We assign a different cookie to each device that connects to our websites and merchant stores.
- We may also use web beacons, tracking technology and other automated tracking methods on our websites in communications with you and in our products and services to measure performance and engagement.
- When and why do we share personal information with a third party?
OXO E-shops works with third parties to help provide you with our services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts. In some limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with a third party to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or to respond to legal requests by official authorities including to meet security or law enforcement requirements and judicial rulings and decisions. We may also receive personal information from our partners and third parties.
- We may share personal information with a third party to prevent, investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms & Conditions or any other agreement relating to the Services, or as required by law .
- We may also share personal information with a company that acquires our business, whether through a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our home page.
- We may use the personal information we collect from you or your customers to contact or market to your customers directly.
- We may provide the personal information we collect from you or your customers to other companies to market their products or services.
- OXO E-shops will always ask for your consent before sharing your personal information with a third party for purposes other than those described in Section 6.
- What do we do with your personal information when you terminate your relationship with us?
- We will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with laws and regulations.
- We will continue to store anonymous information such as website visits without identifiers to improve our
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
- We follow industry standards in managing information security to protect sensitive information such as financial information, employee details and any other personal information entrusted to us. Our information security is applied to people, processes and IT systems on the basis of risk management.
- Our payment gateways are managed and audited by a qualified third party for payment gateway management.
- No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
- How do we protect your information across borders?
OXO E-shops may transmit Personal Information outside of a country or region and OXO E-shops remain responsible for Personal Information that is transferred to a third party abroad for processing or to support our efforts in providing our services to you. Any personal information that is transferred to a third party for data processing is subject by law and law to a level of protection similar to that provided by OXO E-shops. “Similar level of protection” means a level of protection generally equivalent to the level of protection provided by OXO E-shops.
- Control and access to your personal information
You may retain all rights to your personal information and Store Content and may access them at any time. In addition, OXO E-shops will take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, modify, delete or limit the use of your personal information. You can update many types of personal information such as payment information or contacts within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, please contact us to make the required changes. It is important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the services provided by us may not function properly and completely.
- Electronic communication
By agreeing to use the website and our electronic services, you agree to receive our emails in all its forms through email, periodicals, notices and alerts announced on the website. Accordingly, you tacitly agree that all electronic transactions sent to you by us are legally binding and shall be treated as written transactions.
We have the right to monitor, record and save any phone call, e-mail or any other form of electronic communication with you for training purposes in order to verify advice and feedback directed to us and to improve and develop the quality of service provided to our customers.